Knowing factory is important when you want to repair your phone, give it away to your friend or want to wipe your device’s data. Factory reset will delete all personal information on your device. If your’e Samsung S23 user’s, here’s the complete guide to factory reset Galaxy S23 series.
Steps to Factory Reset your Samsung Galaxy S23 series
Before taking this action, it is important to save any information you want to secure. Doing a factory reset means you cannot recover your personal information.
Before doing a factory reset, be sure that you backup your data. This is important so you will not lose it. Here is the tutorial on how to factory reset Galaxy S23:
- Open Settings on your Galaxy S23 and choose General management. Scrol down and tap Factory data reset.
- If you are ready, tap Reset then choose Factory data reset.
- To go with the factory data reset and delete every information on your device, tap Reset and then tap Delete all.
- From here, if your’e signed in to a Samsung account, you’ll need to enter your account’s password, then tap Done.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S23 will reset. When you turn it on, it will start from the first setup screen.
Note: If your device has been reset using buttons, you will be asked to enter your Google password before you are allowed access. If you want to remove Google FRP you need to follow the instructions here.
Samsung Galaxy S23/ S23 Ultra Factory Data Reset
If your device is responsive and you can power it on, then you must perform the previous method above. If you have turned Android Device Protection on, it is a must to sign in to Google to complete a factory reset with your device turned off.
For the unknown credentials, here are the following things to do:
- Sign in with any Google account you have used previously on your device.
- Reset your password by visiting https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery website.
- To perform a factory data reset, it is important to remove the data here: contacts, email accounts, application settings, system and application data, and downloaded applications
If you have set up a PIN, or a pattern on your device, it is important to start the initial setup using Google account sign-in. Wi-Fi Calling settings do not transfer after switching the devices or performing a factory data reset. You must also turn on Wi-Fi Calling manually if you want to use it.
Wipe data Samsung S23 via Android Recovery mode
Here are the steps to hard reset your Samsung Galaxy S23. In this steps, you need to boot your Samsung S23 into Recovery mode.
- Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy S23 is off.
- At the same time, press and then hold the volume up and side buttons. Wait until your device vibrates and there is an Android Recovery screen. After that, release all buttons. Wait for 30 seconds for the screen to appear.
- From the Android recovery screen, choose to Wipe data/ factory reset. Utilize the volume buttons to cycle through the options and the side buttons to choose.
- Choose Factory data reset. Wait for a few seconds for the device to perform and complete the factory data reset.
- Choose the Reboot system now. Allow for several minutes to complete the reboot process. If allowed, set up your Galaxy S23.
That is the complete tutorial to factory reset your Samsung Galaxy S23. If you need more help, you can visit the official Samsung website.